The Handmade Soap Company (Ireland)

February 19, 2012

A few of weeks ago I was in the other branch of the barbers I work in and my boss was showing me some new products from a company called The Handmade Soap Company (HSC for short on here!). I had a quick look but then didn't think too much about them as I was busy in work. However, a couple of days afterwards I got a private message on the Badger & Blade Shaving Forum from a member who recognised my username as he had been talking to my boss only a few days before, and low and behold it was a very nice gentleman from  the HSC called Dave! We had a few messages back and forth and, to cut a long story short, he was interested in my blog having had a look at it, and asked me if I would like to review some of their products on here!
Now, I clearly explained that all products I review get a fair, honest and unbiased review regardless of if I pay for them, get them as a sample or a gift etc. Dave was cool with all of that and asked me what I would like. What a question to present to a girl of limited means with a healthy (?!) addiction to shaving products and soaps!
A few days later this wonderful lot landed on my doorstep! Dave had sent me my entire wish list (despite me saying for him to just pick and choose a few from it that he'd like a review on).
Before I was sent these I had seen these products around Dublin in a few places and remarked on how pretty and professional I think the packaging is. It looks clean, unique, eye catching and has a real feel of an artisan product to it.
So here's a summary of what I got. I'll be giving each product a fair test-run before reviewing so expect to see some reviews over the next month or two. 
- Hand Cream (with aloe vera and jojoba)
- After Shave Soothing Cream (with essential oils of lime, basil and sweet orange)
- Body Butter (with aloe vera, sweet almond and shea butter)
- Grandma Quigley's Body Soap (with clove, nutmeg, cinnamon and pine!)
- Shaving Soap For Him (tallow based)
- Shaving Soap For Her (vegetable based)

Upon opening the box there was an immediate wonderful blend of smells. Each item was taken out in turn and given a sniff and look at by myself and my mum who was there at the time. I can't wait to dive into these further!

During our conversing I had asked Dave many questions about the company and products and he happily answered everything I wanted to know. Everything is made using natural ingredients (I can look at the list and know what everything is which is a huge plus in my book!) and you can read more about the makers and who is The Handmade Soap Company (a couple living in Co. Meath) here: The Maker's Story

I love getting gifts but I promise you my readers that I will not let generosity get in the way of honest reviewing. However I can tell you so far that my dealings with the company have been friendly, quick and personal. If all of their customer service is this good then they are off to a great start! Review-time soon!
- BE



8 comments:

handmade soap said...

I locate web internet site with captivating content articles just like your own house. Let me be aware your feed to take care of up to date with the hereafter updates.

handmade soap said...

Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and I take pleasure in learning about this topic.

handmade soap said...

I managed to go although only some of articles or blog posts you share here, but I discover them as relatively interesting and informative sources.

handmade soap said...

Just want say thank you for the material you've got shared. Regards!

handmade soap said...

Congratulations pertaining to publishing such a helpful blog site. Your website isn’t simply informative but also extremely imaginative also.

handmade soap said...

Thanks a lot and keep on posting more valuable information.

handmade soap said...

I discovered your internet web pages perfect for our wants.

handmade soap said...

Just saying thanks will not just be enough, for the wonderful clarity in your writing.

Post a Comment