Product Review: Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Shaving Cream

February 6, 2011

Well I've decided to mix things up a bit this year in terms of my review (crazy, I know!). Last year I did a "Shave Of The Week" and I really enjoyed them, but I figured if I kept going at that I'd soon run out of hardware (razors and blades) and software (creams, soaps etc.) to use, so instead I'm now going to review one item a week. My bank account will thank me for it!
This week I used my Dovo Inox straight with a sample of Edwin Jagger Premium Shaving Cream in aloe vera scent. The sample size is a small white tub so here is an image of the full sized product which comes in a tube:
I have to say I was very impressed with how little of this product I had to use. The sample is only 10ml of product from what I gather yet it was enough for two full uses (shaving both full legs with one pass each time). It would easily give 3 - 4 face shaves I feel.
It lathers very easily and the scent, though mild, is lovely and fresh. It doesn't stay on the skin to any degree that I noticed which would make it good for using under a cologne or scented moisturizer/
balm. It gave a good amount of slickness and cushion and it's paraben free and contains 99.9% natural ingredients so its nice to know I'm not putting too many chemicals onto my skin. Not as much cushion or moisturisation as I find I get with some tallow based products but nothing to complain about either. It didn't dry out my skin and left it smooth and soft. Overall I got two very pleasant, comfortable shaves out of this cream with the bonus of the scent not being gender-specific. 

- BE

0 comments:

Post a Comment